Grounds, Facilities and Surroundings
Centro d'Ompio covers an area of 100'000 square meters with gardens, terraces, chestnut forest, meadows, all connected with walking trails, which lead by creeks, springs and a pond. There is a gorgeous view to Lago d'Orta and mountains of the Monte Rosa range thanks, to the elevated location.
Our kitchen offers italian-vegetarian food (including eggs and dairy products). Our chefs are happy to fullfill special requests of our groups. We base as much as possible on biologically grown crop.
- outdoor swimming pool of 25 m x 10 m
- power spots
- volleyball field
- massage sessions (different styles)
- car rental
- Internet point
- The little town of Orta gives its name to the lake. It is free of motor traffic. Its central square, Piazza Motta, opens onto the lake and is inviting to stay in one of the many coffee shops, with the view on the island San Giulio with its monastery. Another monastery with 22 chappels atop Monte Sacro above Salotto d'Orta. It is dedicated to the St. Francis of Assisi, patron saint of Italy.
- Natural Park Alpe Devero and Alpe Veglia: A hike at the feet of 3000 m high mountains is in one hours distance from Centro d'Ompio. From Alpe Devero - a high plain with lots of little lakes - the trail leads via Lago Nero to Alpe Buscagna. After wild, rocky passages and a crossing of Rio delle Frua the trail follows through light forest, alpine flowers and blueberry bushes to the incredibly pituresque Alpe Veglia.
- Mottarone (1491 msl) is the highest peak of the surroundings and can be reached by car within half an hour. The panorama comprises the whole arch of the alps (from Mont Blanc to Jungfrau and Rheinwaldhorn). Below lies the winding Lago Maggiore. Mottarone allows for friendly family skiing in winter.
- The waterfalls of Alpe Selviana are the aim of a 90 minute hike from Centro d'Ompio. They are located at the river „Pescone" between rock pools, which have been washed out through thousands of years. They attract enthusiasts of water, romantics and people who want to relax. Ten minutes away, „Aldo" invites in his Cooperativa „Il Glicine" to eat „Merenda": Plate with different kinds of cheese, vinagre vegetables, blueberry nectar or honey-grappa; everything locally and biologically grown.