Preparing time: 2 hours - Time for marinating: 1 hour
Cooking time: 1 hour for the rice, 30 minutes for the mushrooms, 15 minutes for the tofu
- 750 gr oyster mushrooms, trim off the stalk and keep the heads whole.
- 400 gr organic brown rice
- 500 gr tofu
- 1 dl olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 25 cl cognac
- 2,5 dl cooking cream
- salt and pepper - parsley
1 L of marinade
- 5 dl water
- 2,5 dl shoyu
- 2,5 dl red wine
- 1 pinch of marjoram
- Cut each piece of the tofu in 4 slices,then marinate for 1 hour
- Wash and cook the rice in the traditional way: add twice the amount of water to the rice. In a covered pot cook on a high flame bringing to a boil. Lower the flame, add the salt and let it cook for 45 minutes. Turn off the flame, uncover the pot and let the rice become fluffy for 10 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, sauté in oil the garlic and the mushrooms. When they turn golden, season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with cognac. Add the cream. Let it dry a little, add the tarragon and set aside.
- In another pan sauté the tofu slices 5 minutes on each side then spray with shoyu.
- Serve on plates keeping the rice, the tofu and the mushrooms separated. Garnish with minced parsley